Maximum size in mm 2700 x 5700
The glass is ground to remove the sharp edges. It is an operation that requires a constant flow of water to cool the edge and avoid any tension in the glass.
Veneto Vetro is equipped with high-performance numeric control grinders able to grind glass sheets of exceptional sizes, even the new generation glass with very delicate coating. If the sheets are rectangular, bilateral grinders are used, while for shaped glass or with special processing, CNC machines are used that remove and smooth the edge of the glass in various ways, according to the work required:
- Rounded polished edge: a high level performance that perfectly rounds and polishes the edge
- Flat polished edge: the edge is polished and perpendicular to the surface, but the join is bevelled; a high level performance.
- Rough edge: similar to the polished edge but it is opaque and slightly rougher. This finish is usually used when the perimeter of the glass is hidden in a frame.
- 45° grinding: the inclination can vary according to the design.
- Chamfering: the edges of the glass are ground for 10-40 mm in height for an angle of approx. 7° with respect to the surface of the glass.
The edges are also sometimes ground to reduce the risk of thermal shock, even though tempering is recommended to prevent this phenomenon.
Grinding is necessary beforehand to enable tempering the glass.
Bevelling reduces the micro-threading on the surface of the edges that could cause the glass to break due to thermal shock or mechanical shock. Bevelling is carried out in particular on stratified glass when it is assembled in insulated glass.
Bevelling also makes the panel installation safety for the installers, as there are no sharp edges.
Veneto Vetro recommends these processes every time there is even a minimum risk of breakage, because safety is first and foremost in all our work.
To ask for a quotation, contact us